Rather than give a number of prescriptions let me share a number of directed questions which you can use to better craft your trading routine.
Post these questions somewhere prominent and review them regularly.
Credits to Stockbee for these thoughtful questions.
- What is your trading plan this morning?
- Have you done the work necessary to be ready for trading today?
- What are 3-5 core researched opportunities you have identified?
- What method is your primary focus for the next 2 hours after the open?
- What kind of mindset is required to execute that plan?
- What is the likely outcome if the plan and market align?
- What is the likely outcome if the plan and market do not align?
- What should I observe about myself and the market so that I am aligned with market and not miss an opportunity?
- What should I observe about myself and the market to warn me about my alignment with the market?