I talk to a lot of traders and over and over again I hear how in one form or another that they’re not happy with their performance.
Let me say this and I don’t mean to be controversial but I think it needs to be said.
But for most traders out there I’m sorry but “you are not good enough to be disappointed”.
This is especially true for new traders.
So I don’t mean to say this to berate you but rather I offer you that humbling statement so that you can reframe where you are with your trading.
Now if you’re Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods and you’ve had a long history of successful performance and achievement and currently find yourself not performing at the level which you think you can perform, then
- what are you letting in that is contaminating your trading process?
- thematically has anything changed in the way you are operating or making decision?
However for most of us and for most of the time we are all getting the results we’re supposed to get.
Listen on to hear about how unrealistic expectations can:
- create a vicious loop of self rejection,
- disconnect us from improving as traders,
- and what we can do about it.
- The importance of realistic expectations
- Disconnect the trader from the trading system
- Cultivate an awareness of your inner critic
Becoming Your Own Trading Coach – Free e-course on taking control of your development as a trader
Leave Us Your Feedback
Comment and Share
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a one- or two-sentence review in iTunes or on Stitcher. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others.
You can tell your friends on Twitter about our podcast by simply clicking this link and sharing the tweet you’ll find at the other end.
And, by all means, if you know someone you think would benefit, please spread the word by using the share buttons below and up top.
As always I’m curious to hear what you thought about these ideas – which ones resonate with you?